Wednesday, July 06, 2005

President Spoiled Brat

Not that I exactly have a problem with Mr. "My Pet Goat" gets into a whining contest with the psychotic far right, but this is really pathetic, even for Bush:
"I don't like it when a friend gets criticized. I'm loyal to my friends," Bush told reporters in Copenhagen, Denmark. "All of a sudden this fellow, who is a good public servant and a really fine person, is under fire. And so, do I like it? No, I don't like it, at all."
Well, gosh, I don't like it when a friend of mine gets criticized either, but you know what, I'm not nominating one to be a bloody Supreme Court justice.

And you know what else, maybe getting a nomination to the most powerful judicial body in the land shouldn't come about because you're somebody's drinking buddy or whatnot. Even if said buddy is the President of the United States.

The really sad thing is, Alberto "Captain Torture" Gonzales just might be the best we in the sanity-based community can hope for. And that, more than anything else, says all anyone needs to know about how far our great nation has fallen thanks to the W era.
--
(/) Roland X
"Blood at the polls and blood in the streets, but Scudder won the election. The next election was never held." --Robert A. Heinlein, 1952, "Concerning Stories Never Written: Postscript" in Revolt in 2100

No comments: